Current Need: Route Dispatcher – Service Scheduler | 8:00pm-4:30am
We are looking for a detail-oriented individual who will create routes for used cooking oil collection and grease trap cleaning services throughout various west coast geographies.
The Dispatcher creates routes and plans service appointment for multiple technicians in an assigned region, and makes real-time adjustments as necessary throughout the day. They should be comfortable talking with multiple service technicians and customers on the phone throughout the day, to get quick and productive resolutions to issues at hand.
Candidates should demonstrate a positive and proactive approach, have excellent organizational skills, be able to juggle several things at once, prioritize, be a strong communicator (both written and over the phone), and make smart decisions without constant supervision.
Candidates should be generally familiar with the geographical areas of Washington and Oregon, and be comfortable reading and interpreting maps. If you are not a “map-person,: this job probably isn’t for you.
This is not an office administrative or clerical position. We are looking for strong candidates with dispatch, routing and/or logistics experience.
• Build efficient daily routes and adjust them in real-time based on changing variables
• Continually evaluate routing structure for areas of improvement, to reduce costs, and improve service
• Manage a set of restaurant customers who require timely grease trap cleaning service at regular intervals
• Update company databases with current information and key events relating to each customer
• Publish schedules to all technicians and local environmental inspectors on a weekly basis
• Work with SeQuential employees, as well as customers, to determine high-priority appointments for the schedule
• Ensure technicians meet service time frame objectives on a daily basis
• Communicate service disruptions in real time to management
• Field calls from technicians with questions or feedback regarding their assignment, equipment issues, and work schedules
• Collaborate with Sales to get new customers serviced promptly
• Maintain high standards of service for all constituents
Experience and Competencies
• 2+ year routing and/or dispatch experience (10+ fleet size)
• Associates Degree preferred
• Highly organized and able to multi-task in ever-changing situations
• Strong administrative and technical skills attuned to a typical office environment using several software tools
• Professional and friendly demeanor with a wide range of customers. Strong relationship building skills, collaboration, conscientiousness
• Demonstrated verbal and written communication, English literacy (multilingual applicants encouraged to apply)
• Proven success with efficient use of Excel, Word and Outlook
• Preferred experience with RoadNet or similar routing/dispatch software
• Preferred experience with CRM software
• Logical decision making skills
• Demonstrated map reading skills
• Self-motivated an able to work without much direct supervision
• Stress tolerance
• Schedule flexibility, including possible swing, night and/or weekend shifts
Compensation and Benefits
• Pay will be commensurate to relevant skills and experience
• Competitive medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
• Three weeks paid vacation (PTO) each year
• Seven paid holidays per year
• 401K with company match