SeQuential is the longest-running commercial biodiesel producer in the Pacific Northwest. Biodiesel is a non-toxic, premium diesel fuel made from oil bearing plants and recycled oils and fats. It can be used as a drop-in replacement for petroleum diesel, or blended in any percentage to reduce harmful emissions.
Sequential collects thousands of gallons of used cooking oil and grease trap materials from restaurants, grocers, and event centers every month to create bio-diesel at our plant in Salem, Oregon.
At SeQuential we create and sell millions of gallons of high quality biodiesel every year. Additionally, we partner with fuel retailers and distributors to make our products available commercially and individually up and down the West Coast.
Tank Farm Operators assist in managing the on and off-loading processes of used cooking oil (UCO) that comes through the tank farm.
Production and Maintenance
- Regularly interact with, and occasionally repair, valves, pipes, tanks, and electrical switches
- Operate transfer pumps to receive, move, and ship bulk liquids
- Operate vacuum trucks and forklifts
- Test material samples for chemical and physical characteristics
Communication and Administrative
- Plan, prioritize, and communicate weekly activities
- Maintain shipping and receiving tickets
- Continually update ‘Plant Status Log’
- Regularly perform production equipment safety audits; prioritize and respond to all concerns
Experience and Competencies
- Passion for biofuels and sustainability
- Schedule flexibility
- General mechanical ability (understanding of pumps, pipes, valves, etc.) strongly preferred
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication, English literacy (multilingual applicants encouraged to apply)
- Stress tolerance
- Forklift certification highly desired
- Ability to stand, sit, walk, push, pull, work in splayed positions, and carry materials up to 100 pounds daily
- Ability Compensation and Benefits
- Ability to work in varying noise levels, and to wear hearing protection as required
Compensation and Benefits
- Starting Wage is $17.00 per hour
- Competitive medical, vision, and life insurance
- Three weeks paid vacation (PTO) each year for the first two years… 3, 4, and 5 weeks then forward
- Seven paid holidays per year
- 401K with profit sharing (based on Company profitability) and 50% employer match