You might have seen our trucks on the highway, or spotted our used cooking oil collection bins behind your favorite restaurant. Or maybe you have even filled your vehicle with our biodiesel. So is Sequential a cooking oil recycler? A trucking company? A biodiesel refinery?
We’re all those things. We collect used cooking oil, refine it into biodiesel and bioproducts, and then refuel our communities. We take part in each step of the process. That’s why we are called SeQuential. We ensure each step is top-notch and always driving toward our main goal: to build a better energy model that puts people, community, and the environment first.
It’s a simple idea, really, but one that’s better for us all. And, thankfully, there’s a place for everyone within our process. We hope you’ll join us.
Since our humble beginnings in 2002, we’ve built our own refinery, created more than 25 million gallons of biodiesel, and now operate up and down the West Coast.
Thanks to relationships with partners such as Pacific Biodiesel and Tyree Oil, and customers like Kettle Foods and Burgerville, we’ve become what we are today—an innovative, conscientious maker of local, responsible bioproducts that’s helping build a better energy model for the future.
the role of financial analyst
We have invested heavily within the Transportation and Production arms of our business within recent months. With a steadfast goal of building a strong vertically-integrated supply chain that can source our biodiesel plant with a sufficient feed-stock of used cooking oil (UCO), we have significantly grown our collection business—both organically and through a number of acquisitions. Our growth efforts have taken us from a point just a year ago at which we collected UCO from a few thousand customers to a point now at which we collect from over 18,000 customers. Given our rapid growth we are now at a point where we need to expand our Finance team.
The Financial Analyst, or “FA” ,creates and maintains management and external reporting. Conducts quantitative and comparative analyses, monitors variances, identifies trends, and studies proposed changes and proformas to inform recommendations that will positively impact SeQuential’s financial health.
• Conduct interviews and systems research to understand SeQuential’s reporting requirements; use this information to assist with management reporting system selection and implementation
• Participate in process sketch sessions, acting as documentarian, co-facilitator, facilitator or subject matter expert
• Design, maintain and analyze management reports
• Analyze current and past financial data and performance to inform decision making and help SeQuential achieve its operational and financial performance
• Develop tools and processes to assist in developing SeQuential’s annual operation plan (AOP)
• Conduct special projects that may help improve process efficiency and business performance
Required Education and Experience
• 3+ years’ experience as a financial analyst
• Knowledge of ERP systems and related technology
• Expert-level understanding of Excel
• Experience with report writing (Crystal Reports, SQL Server Reporting Services, etc.)
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
Preferred Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and Finance
• Excel: macros/VBA
• Access, Visio and Powerpoint
• Working knowledge of Infor Syteline
• Working knowledge of RoadNet routing software
• Professional experience in the transportation and/or chemical manufacturing fields
Compensation and Benefits
• Pay will be commensurate to relevant skills and experience
• Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
• Three weeks paid vacation (PTO) each year
• Seven paid holidays per year
• 401K with match