A healthier planet is the direct outcome of a circular economy, and we at SeQuential are involved in such a notable endeavor. Rather than contribute to a linear economy, where natural resources are wasted, SeQuential takes steps to produce economic growth without adding to waste. As the global population continues to grow, the demand for raw materials grows proportionately. However, the supply of these raw materials is limited. Without a smart strategy, the extraction of raw materials contributes to CO2 emissions and increased energy consumption.
What are the benefits of a circular economy?
The circular economy is a system that focuses on restoring resources and minimizing waste. It involves using resources efficiently, reusing them whenever possible, maximizing their value, and ultimately recovering them at their end of life. This system presents many benefits in terms of the environment, society, and economy. Businesses are starting to recognize these advantages and are implementing circular practices while remaining profitable. As more companies adopt this model, the positive impact on a global scale will be significant.
How does SeQuential contribute?
SeQuential is one of countless companies around the world that are aiming to improve societal, economic, and environmental conditions by becoming involved in a circular economy. They provide essential services to thousands of commercial kitchens across the country. SeQuential regularly picks up used cooking oil from kitchens in restaurants, stadiums, hotels, and airports, and has joined Neste. Neste is in the business of upcycling carbon molecules found in used cooking oil and grease and turning them into renewable fuels. Renewable fuels that are used in sustainable aviation for planes and renewable diesel for trucks are made from waste materials, like used cooking oil. Utilizing these renewable fuels helps reduce carbon emissions and pollution.
- SeQuential contributes to Neste’s efforts to continually recycle existing carbon molecules by providing the latter with substantial and regular access to used cooking oil. Their collections of used cooking oil are significant, as technicians know how to pre-treat and safely collect it.
- Kitchens in stadiums, restaurants, and hotels create three billion gallons of used cooking oil annually. In our current linear system, much of the cooking oil is dumped down the drain and goes to waste. However, turning used cooking oil into renewable fuels is essential to help the economy and environment.
- SeQuential plays a pivotal role in reducing the carbon footprint. As the company continues to grow, so does its supply of used cooking oil. The cooking oil can then be turned into advanced renewable fuels. The cycle supports green jobs and helps keep businesses running.
- Used cooking oils are highly sought after, especially as the world’s energy sources continue to decline. Recycled cooking oil produces renewable energy or renewable fuels, for which demand is also high, and has significant economic potential. SeQuential is tapping into that potential.
- Being a key player in the global shift toward an increasingly circular economy is incredibly rewarding for the teams at SeQuential. The company transforms restaurant oil waste into potential profit—and that profit results from strategically and environmentally friendly processes.
When you choose to work with SeQuential to pick up your used cooking oil, you are contributing to a more circular economy. You can rely on a single vendor to handle all your grease management and food waste needs, simplifying your operations and reducing the hassle of managing multiple service providers. Sign Up Today!