We’re SeQuential. We collect used cooking oil, refine it into biodiesel and bioproducts, and then refuel our communities. We are the longest-running commercial biodiesel producer on the West Coast, and thanks to relationships with great partners we’ve become what we are today– an innovative, conscientious maker of local, responsible, bioproducts that’s helping build a better energy model for the future.
Our corporate headquarters is in Portland, Oregon, and we have 11 locations from as far north as Seattle, Washington, to as far south as San Jose, California. Geographically we span a large footprint, but our clear sense of mission and values allows us to operate cohesively.
We are currently looking for an Accounting Manager to join the team at our Portland office. The Account Manager will be responsible for the following:
- Manage and oversee the daily operations of the general ledger, fixed assets, accounts payable, payroll and other miscellaneous accounting areas.
- Collaborate with other members of the finance and accounting team to ensure an accurate and timely monthly financial close.
- Consolidate financial results and report monthly financial information.
- Ensure all significant balance sheet accounts are reconciled on a monthly basis including all cash accounts and fixed asset accounts.
- Establish and enforce proper accounting methods, policies and procedures.
- Monitor and analyze work flow to streamline processes, reduce cost and improve customer service to other departments.
- Analyze and recommend accounting treatment for non-routine transactions.
- Working with the Director of Finance, support completion of the annual review of the Company financial statements and preparation of tax returns.
- Support budgeting and forecasting activities.
- Support analysis of results by location.
- Lead the accounting staff including establishing goals and objectives, monitoring progress towards achievement and taking corrective action as appropriate.
- Provide training to staff as appropriate.
- BA/BS in Accounting or Finance.
- CPA preferred.
- 5-7 years of prior supervisory experience in an accounting team environment.
- Strong MS office skills, especially excel. Ability to analyze and manipulate data.
- Experience with ERP accounting systems
- Proven track record of improving efficiency in high volume transaction environment.
- Strong interpersonal, leadership, and customer services skills required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines required.
Compensation and Benefits
We believe you should get more from your employer than just a paycheck every other week. Working for SeQuential should have a positive impact on your life in and out of the office. Because of that we offer a competitive benefits package and a crazy cool wellness program. By participating in our wellness program, you can not only earn free medical insurance, but you can also earn up to $4 a day into a health reimbursement account.
Not only do we want you to be a healthy employee, we also want you to be a happy one and that means taking some time off from work every now and then. When you come onboard with us you’ll get 7 paid holidays per year, including your birthday! You also start out accruing PTO at a rate of 3 weeks per year.
Compensation for this position is dependent on experience and the range of $60,000-$75,000 annually plus benefits including: medical, dental, vision, short term disability insurance, life insurance, and a 401k program.