The Business Systems Analyst, or “BSA” acts as the liaison between SeQuential’s various business units and its IT department; completes business cases in support of projects; participates in or facilitates systems process modeling and research efforts; and acts as a consultant and reviews all documents on project teams. The BSA will perform some or all of the following tasks:
- Conduct interviews and perform analysis to create business cases for systems projects.
- Participate in systems process sketch sessions, acting as a documentarian, co-facilitator, facilitator or subject matter expert.
- Devise and document functional system designs based on anticipated requirements.
- Liaise with IT experts—internal and external—to address networking and hardware needs.
- For all systems and systems projects: continually review requirements, specifications, tests, and support and training plans to ensure they are in line with business objectives.
- Collect, analyze and distribute key metric data.
- Participate in root cause analysis to recommend systems and practices enhancements to improve productivity.
- Analytical thinking
- Strategic thinking
- Business acumen
- Communication—written and interpersonal
- Strong technical proficiency
Work Environment & Travel
The BSA’s office will be located at SeQuential’s main headquarters in NW Portland, OR. The headquarters is light, open, and business casual. Need for occasional travel to other Company locations is likely—particularly to the biodiesel plant in Salem, OR.
Required Education and Experience
- 7+ years of professional experience, Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
- Understanding of Internet, Intranet, Extranet and client/server architectures.
- Intermediate- to expert-level understanding of SQL and Crystal reporting.
- Expert-level understanding of Excel, Access, Visio and PowerPoint.
- Strong experience with multiple ERP/CRM systems.
- Excellent people skills, with an ability to partner with a dynamic stakeholder team.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Working knowledge of manufacturing and distribution ERP systems
- Working knowledge of RoadNet routing software.
- Professional experience in the transportation and/or chemical manufacturing fields.