Crimson Renewable Energy and its subsidiary SeQuential Biodiesel are producers of renewable transportation fuels; specifically, we are the largest producer of biodiesel in California and Oregon. Crimson customers ranging from major oil companies such as Chevron, Valero, and Philips 66 to truck stop operators such as Pilot Flying J and Love’s count on Crimson as a reliable and consistent supplier of ultra-low carbon biodiesel.
Additionally, Crimson’s subsidiary SeQuential Environmental Services is one of the largest providers of used cooking oil and interceptor collection services in the Pacific Northwest and California.
Since commencing biodiesel production in Oregon in 2007 and in California in late 2011, Crimson and its SeQuential Biodiesel subsidiary have grown to become market leaders in the California and Oregon alternative fuels market, which combined represent the largest market for biodiesel in the United States. Our mission is to build a better energy model by making responsible, local, bioproducts.
Crimson has consistently grown revenue and profitability since startup, experiencing record revenue in 2018 of ~ $150 million and is projecting significant growth for 2019-2021. Crimson currently employs over 250 people, and is a privately owned, closely-held company. Throughout its growth trajectory, Crimson has held onto its startup culture characterized by the pursuit of excellence combined with an emphasis on customer responsiveness, integrity, strong work ethic, teamwork, and accountability at all levels. In summary, we work very hard to do a better job than our competitors in operational and back-office execution and managing the myriad market and commodity risks inherent in our business.
CURRENT NEEDS: Class A Line Haul Driver – Salinas, CA
SeQuential Line Haul Driver transports bulk loads of fuel, used cooking oil (UCO) and/or waste water between various SeQuential tank farms located in Washington, Oregon and Northern California. May include some occasional overnight travel. All drivers are expected to operate company vehicles safely and pursuant to DOT and FMCSA regulations.
Experience and Competencies
• Must have a friendly demeanor and ability to positively interact with customers
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
• 1 + years of commercial driving experience
• Must have valid Class A license and clean driving record
• Must have tanker endorsement/double and triples a plus
• Must have current DOT medical DOT card
• Must have air brake endorsement
• Ability to drive a split-differential transmission
• Must pass a pre-employment drug test, criminal background check, and a drive test
• Other duties and special projects as assigned
• Pump truck experience a plus
• HAZMAT endorsement a plus
• TWIC card a plus
• Ability to stand, sit walk, push, pull, work in splayed positions, and carry materials up to 100 pounds daily
• Ability to work in varied offices, warehouses, truck yards, and public venues
• Ability to tolerate intense smells of non-toxic bulk liquids (used cooking oil and grease trap)
Compensation and Benefits
• Starting wage for class A is $25.05 per hour
• Competitive medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
• Three weeks paid vacation (PTO) each year
• Nine paid holidays per year
• 401K with match
• Employer paid cell phone
• GPS and telematics in all trucks