FULL TIME EXEMPT
Crimson Renewable Energy and its subsidiary SeQuential Biodiesel are producers of renewable transportation fuels; specifically, we are the largest producer of biodiesel in California and Oregon. Crimson customers ranging from major oil companies such as Chevron, Valero, and Philips 66 to truck stop operators such as Pilot Flying J and Love’s count on Crimson as a reliable and consistent supplier of ultra-low carbon biodiesel.
Additionally, Crimson’s subsidiary SeQuential Environmental Services is one of the largest providers of used cooking oil and interceptor collection services in the Pacific Northwest and California.
Since commencing biodiesel production in Oregon in 2007 and in California in late 2011, Crimson and its SeQuential Biodiesel subsidiary have grown to become market leaders in the California and Oregon alternative fuels market, which combined represent the largest market for biodiesel in the United States. Our mission is to build a better energy model by making responsible, local, bioproducts.
Crimson has consistently grown revenue and profitability since startup, experiencing record revenue in 2018 of ~ $150 million and is projecting significant growth for 2019-2021. Crimson currently employs over 250 people, and is a privately owned, closely-held company. Throughout its growth trajectory, Crimson has held onto its startup culture characterized by the pursuit of excellence combined with an emphasis on customer responsiveness, integrity, strong work ethic, teamwork, and accountability at all levels. In summary, we work very hard to do a better job than our competitors in operational and back-office execution and managing the myriad market and commodity risks inherent in our business.
The Oregon Service Manager is responsible for leading and managing the companies used cooking oil (UCO) collection and grease trap cleaning (Charged Services) activities within a designated geographical territory. Key accountabilities include ensuring driver safety, minimizing UCO Collection and Charged Services costs, and exceeding the companies minimal service thresholds.
The Oregon Service Manager is expected to develop and sustain highly engaged and effective teams at each facility under their supervision. These team members are expected to understand why the company’s business matters, and what must be done to ensure Employee safety and success on the job, efficient operations and overall business unit profitability.
The Service Manager directly oversees the Portland depot as well as supervises Site Managers at other depots within their assigned geography
Staffing and Team Management:
- Cultivates a positive, can-do, and highly ethical and legally compliant work environment
- Hires and trains site managers, commercial drivers, onsite processing operators, and administrative staff as well as administers payroll for various employees
- Conducts at least two “ride-alongs” each quarter to build rapport, observe the quality and working order of the company’s fleet and equipment, asses the effectiveness of routing, and to observe driver skills and compliance with SeQuential’s safety policy and procedure
- Conducts facility (i.e. review operability of equipment and communicate repair issues to the company’s Plant Engineer) as well as safety meetings at each site.
- Ensures that all accidents and injuries are addressed and documented in a timely manner
Facilities and Fleet Management
- Works with site managers and the Fleet Manager to ensure that only safe, DOT-compliant trucks are in service
- Collaborates with the Director of Operations and the Process Engineer to ensure site equipment (such as frac tanks and pumps) are maintained and operated according to manufacturer’s specifications
- Cooperates with the Safety Manager to identify and mitigate safety risks at each site.
- Ensures that bins are placed into service within two days of the commitment date, cleaned periodically in accordance with a defined schedule and replaced as necessary in accordance to a plan managed by the Feedstock Logistics Manager.
Financial and KPI Oversight
- Develops working knowledge of RoadNet (routing software), Infor (CRM), and SyteLine in order to help local administrative staff and site managers track and address local service issues as well as fulfill local reporting requirements (e.g. weekly UCO inventory levels).
- Reviews and analyzes financial performance and KPIs of each designated depot to take corrective action
- Collaborates with the Director of Transportation and Director of Finance and to identify initiatives to help drive service and financial performance
- Oversight of regional P&L
Compliance and Reporting:
The Oregon Service Manager is responsible for making sure that each site under their supervision:
- Carries out random-drug testing as directed by Human Resources
- Complies with state and federal work safety and pollution control laws and regulations (e.g. OSHA and EPA) relying upon guidance from SeQuential’s Process Engineer and Safety Manager
- Ensures that trucks are compliant with state and federal (e.g. DOT) regulations as directed by SeQuential’s Fleet Manager
- Complies with other regulations and ordinances (e.g. California Department of Food and Agriculture (CDFA) IKG reporting requirements).
- From time to time, the Oregon Service Manager may be expected to jump in and assist with special projects (e.g. integration of an acquired business)
- Perform other duties as assigned
Required Education and Experience
- 4+ years of progressive management experience in a fast-paced, multi-site, growth-oriented company, preferably within the transportation services industry
- Demonstrated experience and commitment to operating safe work environments and successfully leading initiatives to drive employee engagement and service excellence
- Basic financial literacy: ability to create and manage budgets using Excel
- A./ B.S. or equivalent undergraduate degree or equivalent career experience
- Demonstrated ability to operate autonomously with minimal supervision in a fast-moving, loosely structured environment
- Demonstrated intermediate or higher knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Strong demonstrated verbal and written communication skills; fluent in English; bilingual (English-Spanish) preferred
- Current holder of a CDL is strongly encouraged
What We Offer
Here at Crimson/SeQuential we believe you should get more from your employer than just a paycheck every other week. Working for us should have a positive impact on your life beyond in the office. Because of that we offer a competitive benefits package and a crazy cool wellness program. By participating in our wellness program, you can not only earn free medical insurance, but you can also earn up to $4 a day into a health reimbursement account.
Not only do we want you to be a healthy employee, we also want you to be a happy one and that means taking some time off from work every now and then. When you onboard with us you’ll get 7 paid holidays per year, including your birthday! You also start out accruing PTO at a rate of 3 weeks per year.
If you’re interested in this position, please click here and submit a copy of your resume as well as an explanation of why you think you’d be a great fit for the position. We look forward to hearing from you soon!