We’re SeQuential. We collect used cooking oil, refine it into biodiesel and bioproducts, and then refuel our communities. We are the leading producer and marketer of biodiesel in Oregon, and thanks to relationships with great partners we’ve become what we are today- an innovative, conscientious maker of local, responsible, bioproducts that’s helping build a better energy model for the future.
The Yard Steward is primarily responsible for overseeing tank farm operations.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Yard Steward will oversee tank farm operations, including but not limited to:
- Operating boilers and performing routine testing
- Manage and schedule all incoming and outgoing loads
- Oversee daily operations of testing out incoming and outgoing loads
- Complete daily plant logs and manage inventories
- Oversee Waste Water Department (including compliance and inspections)
- Attend monthly facilities meetings
- Regularly interact with, and occasionally repair, valves, pipes, tanks, and electrical switches
- Must have the ability to communicate within all levels of the organization
- Operate transfer pumps to receive, move, and ship bulk liquids
- Operate forklifts
Desired Competencies and Experience
- Passion for biofuels and sustainability
- Schedule flexibility
- General mechanical ability (understanding of pumps, pipes, valves, etc.) strongly preferred
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication, English literacy (multilingual applicants encouraged to apply)
- 3+ years liquid manufacturing experience
- Sit: Sits during break periods and while operating the forklift
- Stand: Stands during material transfer
- Climb: Climbs stairs and ladders from 5’ to 10’
- Walk: Walks approximately 1 mile a day
- Lift/Carry: Lifts and carries 55-pound bags of potash plus operation of hoses on vacuum truck
- Push/Pull: Dragging hoses from vac truck, and fuel trucks
- Bends/Twist: Bends and twist while carrying 50-pound bags of potash
- Use of Upper Extremities: During all maintenance and operational duties
- Use of Lower Extremities: During all maintenance and operational duties
- Ability to work for long period outdoors in ambient temperature and precipitation extremes typical of Oregon climate.
- Ability to wear protective equipment on the head, face, hands, and feet, including a welding helmet, in accordance with safety requirements.
- Ability to work in varying noise levels and to wear hearing protection as required.
- Absence of pulmonary, cardiovascular, or psychological disorder or anatomic characteristic which will interfere with the ability to wear a respirator.
Work Environment & Travel
This position will work both inside and outside, so exposure to weather typical of the Salinas climate is to be expected. Minimal travel will be required.
What We Offer
Here at SeQuential we believe you should get more from your employer than just a paycheck every other week. Working for SeQuential should have a positive impact on your life beyond in the office.
Not only do we want you to be a healthy employee, we also want you to be a happy one and that means taking some time off from work every now and then. When you onboard with us you’ll get 9 paid holidays per year, You also start out accruing PTO at a rate of 3 weeks per year.
We offer generous benefits package that includes affordable health, dental and vision insurance, as well as complementary life and short term dissability insurance.
This document describes the general nature and level of work performed by personnel assigned to this job classification. This document is not, however, an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so assigned. SeQuential has the right to add, revise, or delete job duties (and subsequently information within this document) at any time.
Sequential is both Equal Opportunity, and At Will. The company does not discriminate on basis of race, age, sex, religion, marital status, or sexual orientation. Either Company or Employee can terminate the employment relationship at any time for any legally permissible reason. Reasonable accommodations will be made for qualified candidates/employees with disabilities.
Experience and License Requirements
- Liquid Manufacturing (optional)
- Tank Farm experience (optional)
- Computer Skills
- Valid Drivers License