We’re SeQuential. We collect used cooking oil, refine it into biodiesel and bioproducts, and then refuel our communities. We are the leading producer and marketer of biodiesel in Oregon, and thanks to relationships with great partners we’ve become what we are today- an innovative, conscientious maker of local, responsible, bioproducts that’s helping build a better energy model for the future.
The SeQuential companies are part of Crimson Renewable Energy Holdings, and together, we are the largest biodiesel manufacturer on the west coast. We collect materials from the communities we operate in, refine those into high quality bioproducts, and refuel our community with ultra-low carbon biofuel.
Our customers range from industry giants like Valero and Shell, to local independent retailers, and fuel wholesalers up and down the west coast. Throughout our growth trajectory, we have held onto our startup culture and our core values of conscientiousness, relationships, innovation, and results.
The Role of Fuel Business Systems Analyst
We are currently investing heavily within the Transportation and Production arms of our business. With a steadfast goal of building a strong supply chain to sustain our biodiesel plants with sufficient feedstock of used cooking oil (UCO), we have significantly grown our collection business—both organically and through a number of acquisitions. Our growth efforts have taken us from a point just over a year ago at which we collected UCO from a few thousand customers to a point now at which we collect from over 18,000. Given our rapid growth we are looking to expand our IT team.
The Business Systems Analyst, or “BSA” acts as the liaison between SeQuential’s various business units and its IT department; completes business cases in support of projects; participates in or facilitates systems process modeling and research efforts; and acts as a consultant and reviews all documents on project teams. This position would be a one-year contract and would be heavily based on implementing ERP systems to help support our rapidly growing business.
This position can be based in either our Portland, OR or Denver, CO offices.
• Conduct interviews and perform analysis to create business cases for systems projects
• Participate in systems process sketch sessions, acting as a documentarian, co-facilitator, facilitator or subject matter expert
• Devise and document functional system designs based on anticipated requirements
• Liaise with IT experts—internal and external—to address networking and hardware needs
• For all systems and systems projects: continually review requirements, specifications, tests, and support and training plans to ensure they are in line with business objectives
• Collect, analyze and distribute key metric data
• Participate in root cause analysis to recommend systems and practices enhancements to improve productivity
Required Education and Experience
• 7+ years of professional experience, Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
• Understanding of Internet, Intranet, Extranet and client/server architectures
• Intermediate- to expert-level understanding of SQL and Crystal reporting
• Expert-level understanding of Excel, Access, Visio and PowerPoint
• Strong experience with ERP/CRM systems
• Excellent people skills, with an ability to partner with a dynamic stakeholder team
Preferred Education and Experience
• IIBA certification
• Working knowledge of Infor Syteline
• Working knowledge of RoadNet routing software
• Professional experience in the transportation and/or chemical manufacturing fields
What We Offer
Here at SeQuential we believe you should get more from your employer than just a paycheck every other week. Working for SeQuential should have a positive impact on your life beyond in the office. Because of that we offer a competitive benefits package and a crazy cool wellness program. By participating in our wellness program, you can not only earn free medical insurance, but you can also earn up to $4 a day into a health reimbursement account.
Not only do we want you to be a healthy employee, we also want you to be a happy one and that means taking some time off from work every now and then. When you come onboard with us you’ll get 7 paid holidays per year, including your birthday! You also start out accruing PTO at a rate of 3 weeks per year.
Compensation and Benefits
• Pay will commensurate to relevant skills and experience
• Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
• Three weeks paid vacation (PTO) each year
• Seven paid holidays per year
• 401K with match
To apply for this position, please email your cover letter and resume to Jobs@ChooseSQ.com