We’re SeQuential. We collect used cooking oil, refine it into biodiesel and bioproducts, and then refuel our communities. We are the longest-running commercial biodiesel producer on the West Coast and thanks to relationships with great partners we’ve become what we are today- an innovative, conscientious maker of local, responsible, bioproducts that’s helping build a better energy model for the future.
Our corporate headquarters is in Portland, Oregon and we have 11 locations from as far north as Seattle, Washington all the way down to San Jose, California. Geographically we span a large footprint, but our clear sense of mission and values allows us to operate cohesively.
Current Need: Customer Service Representative
The Customer Service Representative (CSR) is responsible for answering customer calls on a multi-line phone system and logging service tickets in the CRM system. CSR will also be responsible for logging email service requests into the CRM system, direct calls to the appropriate person/departments. Greet and direct visitors that come into the office. Must have pleasant phone voice, and able to interact well with customers and coworkers. Effectively handle escalated calls while maintaining excellent customer service every time. Primary responsibilities include:
- Act as primary customer service representative—answer multi-line phone system, resolve caller needs whenever possible, transfer calls as needed.
- Log Service Tickets for attention by Dispatch. Assist with problem-solving ideas.
- Relay answers from Dispatch to customers regarding the timing of problem resolution.
- Record all customer interactions in a CRM system and/or call ticketing system
- Examine lists of active customer issue to ensure rapid response; escalate for attention when problems linger.
- Send emails to others when they’re assigned to tasks.
- Greet customers, vendors, and employees in a friendly and professional manner—in-person, via email, and over the phone.
- Maintain calm and composure when under stress or pressure
- Communicate with customers confidently, and put them at ease about pending issues. Set expectations carefully.
- Compose emails to customers in a clear and professional manner.
- Oversee postal mail flow.
- Maintain spreadsheets and databases
- Maintain office efficiency; plan/implement office systems
- Oversee select projects, start-to-finish, as requested by managers/principals
Experience and Competencies
- 2 + years of customer service experience required
- 1 + years of leadership role preferred
- Multi-phone line experience required
- Professional and friendly demeanor with a wide range of customers. Strong relationship building skills; collaboration; conscientiousness
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication, English literacy (multilingual applicants encouraged to apply)
- Proven success with efficient use of CRM, Excel, Word and Outlook
- Strong organization skills
- Strong problem solving skills required
- Good typing skills necessary (40 w.p.m QWERTY no-look-typing)
- Adaptability & Flexibility
- Stress tolerance
- Schedule flexibility
We know how important it is to have predictability in your earnings, and that’s why we have dedicated company resources to ensuring your compensation is fair and transparent. We work hard to make sure our pay is in line with industry standards in each of our geographic regions so that you will be paid fairly for your work.
We also believe you should get more from your employer than just a paycheck every other week. Working for SeQuential should have a positive impact on your life in and out of the office. Because of that we offer a competitive benefits package and a crazy cool wellness program. By participating in our wellness program, you can not only earn free medical insurance for yourself, but you can also earn up to $4 a day into a health reimbursement account. SeQuential is committed to our employees in and out of the office.
We want you to be a healthy employee and a happy one, and that means taking some time off from work every now and then. When you come onboard with us you’ll get 7 paid holidays per year, including your birthday and a floating holiday of your choosing! You also start out accruing PTO at a rate of 3 weeks per year which most of our employees find is plenty of time to have a life outside of work.