Inside Sales Representative
We’re SeQuential. We collect used cooking oil, refine it into biodiesel and bioproducts, and then refuel our communities. We are the longest-running commercial biodiesel producer on the West Coast and thanks to relationships with great partners we’ve become what we are today- an innovative, conscientious maker of local, responsible, bioproducts that’s helping build a better energy model for the future.
We currently have an opening for an Inside Sales Representative (ISR) to join our team. If you were to take this job, you’d be interacting over the phone and email with our customers. Our primary services included used cooking oil collection and grease trap cleaning.
The ISR will refer new opportunities to the Field Sales Team, and provide support to them during their travel. The ISR will take point on simple transactions, which includes qualification, relationship-building, persuasive sales presentation, regular follow-up, and closing of sales. Furthermore, the ISR will utilize CRM/ERP tools to track conversations, sales progress, customer proposals/quotes, etc.
- Qualify and develop leads, both in-bound and out-bound
- Negotiate grease trap pricing and used cooking oil payments with customers with guidance from the Customer Experience Manager.
- Renew expired service agreements.
- Manage sales campaigns for assigned opportunities
- Coordinate with the Sales Team to maintain an accurate Company pipeline and forecast
- Support current customers, and work to expand our services with each
- Track pertinent customer information in the CRM system
- Execute persuasive sales presentations, typically by phone and email
- Complete other responsibilities, as assigned
Experience and Competencies
- 2 or more years inside or outside sales experience
- Proven verbal and written communication skill proficiency, including persuasion and English literacy (multilingual applicants encouraged to apply)
- Demonstrated proficiency using Customer Relationship Management systems, telephones, and the Microsoft Office
- Demonstrated organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate well in a team environment
- Adaptability and emotional intelligence
- Stress tolerance
- Schedule flexibility (position is primarily M-F, days)
- Ability to stand, sit, walk, push, pull, and carry materials up to 15 pounds daily
- Ability to spend several, contiguous, hours working on a computer
- Ability to occasionally travel
- Ability to work in varied offices, warehouses, truck yards, and public venues