The Maintenance Technician performs preventive maintenance and repair in all functional areas found on Company real property. The general schedule for this position will be Friday through Monday.
- Perform maintenance safely at SeQuential’s Salem, OR based biodiesel plant, including:
- Perform regular, preventive service to all company equipment including but not limited to boilers, pumps, valves, piping, controls, and safety equipment.
- Perform planned and unplanned repair including hot-work, confined space entry, and mechanical adjustments while adhering to all safety protocols.
- Understand “production schedules” and work with management to deploy maintenance in a manner that is productive and results in minimum downtime.
- Participate in Process Hazard Analysis (PHA) with company engineer, managers, and operators of each area. Understand the ‘management of change program’ and pre-post start-up on new installs.
- Monitor all hot work and confined space entry procedures and activities. Verify work is done in a safe manner inside and outside all covered processes. Keep all equipment in good working order before and after work is done.
- o Make SOP update recommendations.
- Maintain critical spare parts inventory for company wide application.
- Record test measurements of various equipment and log data in an organized and timely fashion.
- Provide audit assistance (act as 3rd party) for areas not under direct purview.
- Participate in safety committee and operations meetings monthly.
- Possible offsite work includes:
- Travel to other locations in the Pacific Northwest for planned or unplanned repairs
- Keen Safety Focus.
- Quick learner that is results driven
- Ability to work in outdoor weather conditions typical to the Pacific Northwest.
- Ability to wear protective equipment necessary for safety requirements
- Ability to stand, sit, walk, push, pull, work in splayed positions, and carry materials up to 100 lbs daily.
- Ability to work weekends, nights, and emergency maintenance calls.
- Decision making/working independently.
Work Environment & Travel
The Maintenance Technicians office is located at SeQuential’s Salem, OR plant. The plant is modern, clean, and in 24/7 operation. Dress is business casual on the non-production floors.
Preferred Education and Experience
- 2+ years industrial mechanical experience
- Proficient knowledge and application of MS Office.
- Valid drivers license
- Experience working with vendors
- Welding/fabrication knowledge or ability to learn from skilled team members
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication; English literacy (multilingual applicants encouraged to apply)
- Demonstrated knowledge/application of MS Office
- Exceptional time management skills