We are seeking an experienced logistics professional to lead our Seattle depot. If you’re passionate about renewable fuels and ready to lead a team of commercial drivers apply today!
The Depot Manager oversees both the facilities and in-field Transportation needs of SeQuential’s Seattle depot. This should be accomplished by way of a respectful, constructive and energetic style, guided by the values and objectives of the company.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Collaborate with HR and regional managers to hire, train, and develop commercial drivers and depot yard technicians.
- Collaborate with Site Supervisor to ensure there are sufficient ride-alongs with newly-hired drivers to instill baseline expectations, and to assess skill levels and safety awareness.
- Guarantee that regular, cyclic, ride-alongs are conducted with all drivers to ensure that safety and operating standards are being met.
- Regularly review driver routes to ensure compliance and efficiency.
- Cyclically meet with Dispatch to ensure schedule timeliness of “charged service” routes.
- Manage daily inventories (UCO, totes, etc.)
- Ensure compliance.
- Schedule UCO “loads” based on depot capacity; maintain a “load” schedule.
- Manage Driver/Operator payroll and time and attendance; ensure overtime stays below specified thresholds.
- Schedule truck repairs as needed with Fleet Manager.
- Help maintain—in real-time—training trackers, SOP signoffs, and driver trackers such as “aggressive driving, , etc.”
- Help clean and maintain facilities’ grounds and items, as well as field assets (no major mechanical work).
- Work as a safety steward… constantly assess facilities and equipment safety, as well as driver in-field safety. Work with the safety manager as is necessary to ensure consistent adherence to safety best practices.
Required Experience & Competencies
- Must have a friendly demeanor, and an ability to positively interact with customers.
- 5+ year’s operations management experience desired, preferably in a “transportation” or “plant” discipline.
- Must have a working understanding of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Must be detailed orientated and have good basic math skills as they may relate to inventory, tracking metrics, etc.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record (a commercial license is a strong plus).
- Must be able to obtain a DOT medical card.
- Basic mechanical experience strongly preferred.
- Must pass pre-employment DOT drug test.
- A love for the environment and biodiesel is of course a plus!
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Ability to stand, sit, walk, push, pull, work in splayed positions, and carry materials up to 100 pounds daily.
- Ability to sit at a desk and work on a computer for several contiguous hours.
- Ability to tolerate intense smells of non-toxic bulk liquids (used cooking oil).
- Ability to climb ladders.
- Ability to work outdoors in temperature/precipitation extremes typical of the region
- Absence of pulmonary, cardiovascular, psychological, and anatomic conditions that would interfere with the ability to wear a respirator.
- Ability to wear protective equipment on the head, face, hands, and feet in accordance with safety requirements.
- Ability to work in environments with varying noise levels, and to wear hearing protection as required.
- Ability to travel frequently.