The Talent Acquisition Manager is a member of the Human Resources Department, and is responsible for overseeing the recruiting and hiring processes and serves as a champion of the Crimson and SeQuential employer brands. This should be accomplished by way of a respectful, constructive and energetic style, guided by the values and objectives of the company.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Develop and Foster Employer Brands
- Continually evaluate community partnerships, regularly attend career fairs and recruiting events, and maintain excellent relationships with university and community partners
- Partner with marketing department to develop and refine employment advertisements and materials
- Maintain vendor relationships with employment posting and advertising platforms, continuously review return on investment with vendor partners
Oversee Full-Cycle Recruiting Process
- Collaborate with hiring managers to understand current and future position needs and to standardize job descriptions
- Develop, plan, coordinate, and administer recruiting processes, which includes working collaboratively with hiring managers to ensure position descriptions accurately reflect the work to be performed
- Develop job-related interview questions and maintain an interview question bank for all critical positions
- Oversee, schedule, and conduct all interviews and assessments, ensuring that all applicants scheduled for in-person interviews receive appropriate recruitment information and materials
- Compose and send offer letters to successful candidates, as well as send regret notices to unsuccessful candidates
- Serve as primarily point of contact for outside recruiting agencies
- Conduct regular follow-up with managers to determine the effectiveness of recruiting plans; analyze and recommend strategies to improve recruitment and selection process operations
Data Collection and Industry Expertise
- Serve as internal expert in hiring best practices in the Crimson/SeQuential hiring process
- Compile and distribute recruitment data in the form of a weekly dashboard report
- Perform industry benchmarking for Crimson/SeQuential employment and hiring practices
Additional Department Project Support
- Over see DOT/FMSCA commercial driver file compliance through new employee onboarding and maintenance
- Other departmental projects as needed
- Ethical Conduct
- Business Acumen
- General HR Knowledge
- Cultural Awareness
- Strong leadership
Experience and Requirements
- 5+ years’ progressive office management experience
- Excellent verbal communication skills, including persuasion and assertiveness
- Demonstrated competency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Proven written communication proficiency. English literacy is a must (multilingual applicants encouraged to apply)
- Adaptability and emotional intelligence
- Schedule flexibility (position is primarily M-F, days)
- Ability to stand, sit, walk, push, pull, and carry materials up to 30 pounds daily.
- Ability to spend several, contiguous, hours working on a computer.
- Ability to work in varied offices, warehouses, truck yards, and public venues.
Work Environment & Travel
The Talent Acquisition Manager’s office is located at SeQuential’s main headquarters in NW Portland, OR. The headquarters is light, open, and business casual. There will be minimal need to travel to other Company locations.